The aging process can take its toll on the arm area, causing skin to lose firmness. The arm lift procedure (brachioplasty) restores a youthful contour to upper arms that have experienced sagging and loss of skin elasticity.
If you are looking for a cosmetic procedure to help fight the effects of aging, weight loss or gravity and improve the appearance of your arms, the arm lift may be your answer. During this surgery, excess skin and fat are removed to create a more toned appearance. Naples cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Peña uses a carefully designed technique designed to distribute tension evenly around the arm for better results.
Unfortunately, a good diet and exercise often will not tighten or minimize loose, sagging skin. If you are self-conscious about underarm flab, please schedule a consultation to learn more about the benefits of brachioplasty.
Arm Lift Procedure
- After you receive sedation, Dr. Peña makes incisions in the area where the tissue is able to be tightened most easily. Generally, the incisions will be made close to the armpit and along the bottom of the inside part of the upper arm. Thus, they will be well hidden.
- In a procedure that lasts about two to three hours, extra skin and fat is gently removed from the area as Dr. Peña uses state-of-the-art body sculpting techniques. A liposuction technique may be used for excess fat removal if necessary.
- The arm skin is redraped and sutured for a firmer, more toned appearance.
- Using Quill sutures, an innovative, barbed, absorbable type of suture, Dr. Peña closes the incision sites and bandages the arms.
- The result is a reduced arm circumference and minimized sagging.
- Dr. Peña and staff will review all the post-operative instructions and let you know what to expect during recovery. Arm movements will be restricted for a specific period of time, and you can expect to miss one week to two weeks of work, depending on your individual needs.
At the office of Dr. Manuel Peña, we help men and women in the Naples, Fort Myers, Bonita Springs, and Estero, Florida areas get the exceptional cosmetic results they deserve. If you would like to learn more about the arm lift, our experienced cosmetic surgery staff would be happy to provide you with details. Please contact plastic surgeon, Manuel Peña, MD at our Florida office today to set up an initial brachioplasty consultation.