If you want to improve the appearance of your breasts, you may want to consider both breast augmentation and breast lift procedures. While breast augmentation increases breast size, a breast lift helps sagging breasts regain a more youthful contour. In some cases, the addition of implants during a breast enlargement procedure can reduce sagging and a breast lift is not needed. In other cases, some patients choose to have both procedures for a dramatic improvement.
The breast lift procedure with or without an implant is a favorite for women who have undergone childbirth. Essentially, loose skin is removed and the nipples are repositioned at a higher location. The result is a firmer breast appearance with the illusion of added volume.
At our Naples, Florida breast surgery practice, cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Peña has performed the breast lift procedure on women with all size breasts. Even small cup sizes can’t hide from the effects of aging. And women with large breasts may find that with sagging due to the aging process or breastfeeding, the change in breast shape can be uncomfortable. If you are self-conscious about sagging breasts that have lost volume, please schedule a consultation to learn more about the breast lift procedure.
Breast Lift Procedure
- After intravenous sedation, Dr. Peña will infiltrate the tissue with an anesthetic solution, then make incisions in certain areas. He then gently removes excess skin from the breast area, including the areolas and breast creases.
- If the patient is having a breast lift and breast augmentation simultaneously, the implants will be inserted at this time.
- The nipples and areolas are repositioned to a higher location.
- Sutures are used to close the incisions.
- A breast lift usually takes between two and three hours.
- Combining Breast Lift with Implants
The breast lift technique performed by Dr. Peña will depend on the amount of sagging involved and your desired results. During your initial consultation, Dr. Peña and his breast lift staff will go over the steps of surgery and explain the recovery process in detail.
Find more breast lift information here:
Learn more about the incredible benefits of the mastopexy procedure. If you are in the Naples, Fort Myers, Bonita Springs, or Estero, Florida area, Dr. Manuel Peña would love to meet with you to discuss your breast lift needs. Please contact cosmetic surgeon, Manuel Peña, MD at our Florida office today to set up an initial cosmetic surgery consultation.