If you are self-conscious about spider veins, the small purple or red blood vessels that appear in the lower extremities, or varicose veins, the larger, often protruding leg veins, there is a simple procedure that can help. At the Naples plastic surgery center of Fort Myers Cosmetic Surgeon, Dr. Manuel Peña, you can enjoy a nonsurgical solution to treat those all-too-colorful, thread-like spider veins and varicose veins. Asclera® Sclerotherapy is a process in which a medicated solution is injected into the veins. The solution works to shrink the blood vessels, causing them to eventually fade and disappear completely.
Whether genetics or another factor has led to the development of spider veins or varicose veins, the condition is often progressive and may worsen with age. You may repeat Asclera® Sclerotherapy as often as needed, however, to maintain a smooth, healthy skin appearance.
Spider veins are progressive and usually increase in number and visibility with age.
Asclera® Sclerotherapy Procedure
- Our physician’s assistant will inject a sclerosing solution into the spider vein or varicose vein.
- The sclerosing solution will irritate the blood vessels and cause them to become less prominent.
- The procedure takes only about a half hour, so you can fit treatment into your day with ease.
- There’s no downtime, so you can return to your normal activities right away. However, heavy lifting or vigorous exercise may be restricted for about a day. We will wrap your legs for 24 to 36 after surgery.
- You can expect some bruising and color changes that will normalize in a short amount of time. You will be asked to avoid direct sunlight for a few weeks.
This safe procedure involves little discomfort and usually produces noticeably diminished veins.
Learn more about our advanced Naples Asclera® Sclerotherapy services and other cosmetic procedures. If you live in the Naples, Fort Myers, Bonita Springs, or Estero, Florida area, we invite you to come in for a thorough consultation. Please contact plastic surgeon, Manuel Peña, MD today to set up your first time visit.