If you have been considering cosmetic surgery for a while you have probably been given plenty of advice. By now you know you should ask your cosmetic surgeon questions. But, just what do you ask?
Naples cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Peña recommends asking questions about your treatment, goals, your surgeon’s experience and how his qualifications to help you meet those goals. Request a copy of any handouts your cosmetic surgeon gives out BEFOREyour consultation. Also, visit his website. These steps will help you prepare questions and make the best use of your consultation time.
The questions presented are useful for making decisions about your cosmetic surgery. See Choosing a Cosmetic Surgeon for questions to ask to help you select the most competent cosmetic surgeon for your treatment.
Questions About Your Recommended Surgery
- Am I a good candidate for this procedure?
- Could my occupation, activities, hobbies, medical history or medications affect my outcomes? In what ways?
- Are there any reasons why I might not have excellent cosmetic surgery results?
- What risks are associated with your recommended procedure?
- What will I need to do to achieve the best results?
- How long should I plan for recovery?
- What kind of help will I need during recovery? Do you have a care plan for the treatment you recommended for me?
- How long will I be off work?
- How long does it take before I am completely healed?
- How long will the gains from my treatment last before I might need touch-ups or enhancements?
- Do you have cosmetic surgery before and after photos of the procedure your recommended for me?
- Will you provide inserts or other devices I can use to see how my results might look and feel, or to help me decide between options?
- How long will I have to wear these before I must make a decision?
- Is there an additional charge for these devices? If so, how much should I plan to spend on these?
- How many post-op exams will I need?
- Are these included in the cost of treatment, or are they charged per visit?
- Will my surgery differ from others that you have done of this same kind? If so, how and will there be extra risk?
- Ask about financing for cosmetic surgery.
- How long have you been in practice?
- Are pre- and post-operative visits included in the procedure fees?
- Are there any additional fees I should know about?
- What types of payment do you accept?
- Do you offer third-party financing options?
- How many years of experience does the doctor and the staff have performing this procedure?
- What are the risks and benefits of each treatment?
- What can I expect for the recovery period?
- Do you have a before and after photo portfolio available to review?
- How long will my results last?
- What types of safety measures are in place?
- Do you recommend combining treatments to get the best results?
- Why should I choose your plastic surgery practice over other Florida practices?
Choose a cosmetic surgeon who answers all of your questions to your satisfaction, asks about your thoughts and feelings about his recommendation, suggest alternatives, avoid pushing unnecessary treatments, clearly explains the risks andpossible outcomes of the treatment he recommends, and leaves the decision to you.
If you are considering cosmetic surgery in Naples, Estero, Bonita Springs, or Fort Myers and would like answers to these or other questions, please contact the experienced Ft. Myers cosmetic surgeon, Manuel Peña, M.D.