To help you decide if you are ready to undergo liposuction, our Naples liposuction team makes sure you know exactly what to expect during the process. During your initial consultation, Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Peña will go over important medical information and encourage you to ask as many questions as you want. Your safety, comfort and peace of mind are important to every one of our staff members, and we will not schedule the surgery unless we feel you have made a confident decision.
Lipo is an invasive surgical procedure that will require you to follow pre- and post-operative instructions carefully. Your liposuction procedure includes:
- Undergoing a comprehensive physical examination and health history review. Dr. Peña will ask you about your body goals and your surgery concerns. Once you have all the details that you need and make an informed decision to have liposuction surgery, your surgery day will be scheduled and Dr. Peña will let you know how to prepare.
- After you are anesthetized, Dr. Peña will make tiny incisions in the treatment area, in spots that are most inconspicuous. The areas to be treated are filled with an anesthetic solution.
- The small cannula, or fat removal tube, is inserted into the incision sites. Dr. Peña uses the cannula to remove targeted pockets of fat.
- You will be placed in a compressive garment.
- Post-operative instructions will be reviewed with you and your family members or friends.
- Dr. Peña will give you a timeline summary that explains when you can resume certain activities. Swelling and bruising will occur but are temporary.
- Sutures may be removed in about one week.
- Final results will take up to three months.
If you are interested in liposuction to help you remove stubborn fat, the office of Dr. Manuel Peña is ready to help you reach your body contouring goals. Our experienced, friendly staff helps people in the Naples, Fort Myers, Bonita Springs, or Estero, Florida area. Please contact cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Manuel Peña at our Florida office today to set up an initial lipo consultation.