Serving Bonita Springs, Estero, Fort Myers, Marco Island, & Naples, Florida
If you have sagging skin in the upper or lower thigh area, a thigh lift can help rejuvenate the area and refine the outer and inner thigh appearance. Whether you have lost skin elasticity due to aging, genetics or weight loss, this safe cosmetic surgery procedure can create a long-lasting body improvement that may improve your self-confidence and allow clothing to fit better.
Thigh Lift Procedure
- An anesthetic will be administered before the surgery. Ft. Myers Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Peña will make incisions strategically, depending on whether you are having an inner or outer thigh lift. For the outer thigh, incisions most often extend from the hip around to the back. For the inner thigh, the incisions are usually made in the groin crease
- In a procedure that lasts about three to four hours, extra skin and fat is gently removed and the skin is tightened. Liposuction may be used for excess fat removal if necessary.
- If desired, a tummy tuck, arm lift or breast lift may be performed in combination with the thigh lift for dramatic body contouring results.
- Dr. Peña uses Quill sutures, an innovative, longer-lasting, absorbable type of suture, to close the incision sites. The thigh area is then bandaged.
- The result is a reduced thigh circumference and a more firm, toned appearance.
Dr. Peña will go over everything you need to know about the healing process and recovery period.
You will experience bruising and swelling for several days after the procedure, but the condition of the thigh area will improve with rest, hydration, and time. Pain medications may be prescribed to minimize discomfort. Strenuous activities may be limited for about a month, and full results can be seen in three to six months.*
Click here to read more Questions About Thigh Lifts
Dr. Manuel Peña and his body contouring staff are ready to help you. Please contact cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Manuel Peña at our office to set up an initial thigh lift consultation in Naples, Fort Myers, Estero, or Bonita Springs, Florida.
Meet Dr. Peña
Choose your plastic surgeon carefully. If you are seeking an experienced and acclaimed Naples, FL cosmetic surgeon who produces natural-looking results, contact Peña Plastic Surgery for your expert care.
Or call us at
*Individual results may vary. Consult with Dr. Peña to see if you are a candidate.