At Peña Plastic Surgery in Naples, FL, Dr. Manuel Peña believes men and women deserve the opportunity to keep the features they love most about their faces and be able to cosmetically enhance those features that are showing signs of visible aging and environmental damage.
If the features you love are showing loss of facial volume, folds, wrinkles, and sagging skin it may be time to consider a facelift or facial renewal procedure. While there are a number of surgical and non-surgical facial rejuvenation procedures, a facelift is one cosmetic procedure that can restore your face to a more youthful-looking you. Dr. Peña advises his patients that a traditional facelift provides optimal facial renewal results that are long-lasting for individuals showing the visible signs of aging.
The specific type of facelift procedure that is best for you will depend on factors such as your current level of skin damage, your desired results, and Dr. Peña’s recommendation for optimal beautiful and natural-looking results.
“TThere aren’t enough stars on this page for Dr. Peña! He truly is a master of his craft. The outcome of my procedure was beyond my expectations, so I give Dr. Peña my highest recommend… A shout out also goes to his incredible and caring nursing staff. They too went above and beyond! - Anonymous (Healthgrades)Read More Reviews
Schedule a consultation with Dr. Manuel Peña to discuss which facial rejuvenation procedure will accomplish your cosmetic goals.
Peña Plastic Surgery Facelift Patients
Real Patients, Real Results, Superior Experience
View more Face Enhancement Before & After Results
Results may vary.
What Areas of The Face Can Be Helped by a Facelift?
With the variety of facelift procedures performed by experienced and board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Manuel Peña, every area of your face can be rejuvenated with a facelift procedure. Traditionally, the facelift procedure was only capable of improving the appearance of your lower face. With today’s new advancements in surgical techniques and technology, you now have multiple options to help rejuvenate the visible signs of aging from your lower and middle face. These techniques and technology makes it possible for Dr. Peña to address all of your areas of concern and provide you with a noticeably younger, more attractive appearance.
What Are the Various Types of Facelifts and Facial Renewal Procedures?
When is the Best Time to have a Facelift?
Dr. Peña performs facelifts and a variety of surgical and non-surgical facial renewal procedures. A full facelift, or rhytidectomy, is a cosmetic procedure that addresses wrinkles along with sagging or loose skin and excess deposits of fat in the face and neck. Some of the facelift techniques utilized by Dr. Peña also address a double chin or sunken cheeks. Depending on your genetics, and your specific visible signs of aging, a full facelift may be the appropriate procedure for you.
Peña Plastic Surgery Face Enhancements
Real Patients, Real Results, Superior Experience
Click here to view our Facelift Before and After Gallery
Results may vary.
What Are Some of the “Age Lift” Options?
- Full Facelift –This procedure involves a tightening of the facial skin around the entire face. A neck lift is performed at the same time to provide facial and neck results that match.
- Lower Face and Neck Lift –This procedure is performed to target the lower third of the face, which includes the jowls and upper neck area. Underlying structures are tightened and excess skin is removed. This procedure improves the look of sagging in the lower half of the face and neck.
- Facial Fat Transfer for Facial Volumizing – Fat is taken from the hips, thighs, or tummy area using liposuction. This fat is purified and prepared for re-injection, then injected into the areas of the face and neck that need more fullness.
- Suture Neck Lift –The neck skin is reshaped for a more youthful contour with no skin removal. Sutures or dermal collagen strips made from bovine (cow) tissue may be used to suspend the sagging tissues. The bovine dermal strips are eventually replaced by your natural human tissue. Minimal to no skin is removed but the angle of the chin to the neck is improved dramatically!
- Classic Neck Lift –This procedure’s primary goal is to remove excess, sagging skin from the neck region and reestablish the sharp neck contour. Some improvement of the jowls is accomplished and excess neck skin is removed and all neck bands woven to accomplish a “hammock effect” that provides a long lasting result.
- The S-Lift or Mini-Facelift –Also, called the MACS lift primarily targets the jowls and secondarily improves the appearance of the neck. In some cases, it can be referred to as a “rescue operation” as performed 7 to 10 years after a more extensive full face and neck lift. The S-Lift is indicated primarily in younger individuals (40-50 years old). When combined with fat grafts, patients achieve more long lasting and optimal facial rejuvenating results. Compared to the full facelift, the S-Lift has very fast healing and reduced downtime and recovery (about one week).* The S-Lift or mini- facelift can be a good solution for individuals who notice the first subtle signs of aging skin in their thirties and forties.
Facelift surgery is an incredibly effective way to address visible signs of aging, but it is certainly not right for everyone. Dr. Manuel Peña is a board-certified plastic surgeon with over three decades of experience. He is prepared to listen to your concerns, inform you of your options, and help you determine if facelift surgery is right for you.
What is a Traditional Facelift and How is it Performed?
Before Dr. Peña’s patients can receive a surgical facelift, patients are required to be:
- In good health
- A nonsmoker or prepared to quit for good
- Prepared for a surgical procedure
- Ready to commit to a brief yet restrictive recovery period
- Willing to closely follow Dr. Peña’s pre and postoperative instructions
Facelifts are very popular procedures and surgical techniques have evolved and improved over the years. In the early 1980’s plastic surgeons performed a “standard” facelift that primarily focused on simply tightening the skin. Today’s facelifts, performed by a board-certified plastic surgeon, are multi-dimensional. Attention is given to the deeper layers of the face which has been affected by age and gravity as well as volume restoration with the use of fat grafts. The advanced surgical techniques result in less pulling of the skin, thereby, producing more natural-looking results.
Typically, Dr. Peña’s facelift surgical procedure involves:
- Placing subtle incisions in the area behind the hairline and in the natural folds surrounding the face.
- Precisely and gently removing any excess fat and skin and tightening the facial muscles.
The procedure typically lasts two and a half to four hours. After the facelift surgery, our team is very involved in your recovery process. You will come in for follow-up checks daily during the first five days, then at the one-week mark.* Sutures are removed at Dr. Peña’s discretion.
What Can I Expect During My Facelift Recovery?
As with any plastic surgery procedure, your recovery from facelift surgery is dependent upon a variety of factors, including which type of facelift you undergo. Your body’s natural healing abilities, your lifestyle choices, and how carefully you follow Dr. Manuel Peña’s pre and postoperative instructions will also factor into your recovery. During your initial consultation and as you come closer to your surgery date, Dr. Peña will be able to give you specific care and recovery instructions. Our facelift patients typically report the following recovery experience as follows:
The First Five Days:
Dr. Peña and his nursing care staff are directly involved in the recovery process of our facelift patients. You are instructed to come in the day after surgery and further instructions will be given depending on your individual progress. Sutures are removed on the 5th and 7th day post procedure. Mire visits may be recommended to.to enable us to ensure healing is happening as it should and to address any questions that may have come up since your last visit. During the first five days patients typically experience:
- Some bruising and swelling*
- Mild discomfort around the treatment area*
You can minimize swelling and discomfort by limiting your activities and getting plenty of rest. Medications will be provided as needed to help control pain, though excessive pain is both unusual and demanding of immediate attention. Dr. Peña will outline steps to take should you experience pain beyond what is expected following your facelift procedure.
The First 30 Days:
Sutures are typically removed within the first seven days of facelift surgery and at this point it may be okay to resume work and other nonstrenuous activities.* Frequent walks can help limit swelling, but wide-brimmed hats should be worn if you are going outside during the day for periods longer than 15 minutes. Excessive sun exposure can enhance incision scars. Dr. Peña will discuss medications and supplements to be avoided based on your personal use.
You can help speed healing during this time by:
- Keeping incisions clean
- Avoiding direct sunlight
- Not smoking
- Avoiding certain medications, supplements, and herbs
- Maintaining your appointments with Dr. Peña
Within the first two weeks you should be able to resume more moderate activities, though it is still a good idea to take it somewhat easy.* Continuing to work directly with you, Dr. Peña and our staff will help you determine when it is appropriate to resume specific activities. It is advisable to wait for four to six weeks before resuming more demanding exercise routines or jobs that require significant physical output.
Six Weeks and Beyond:
In most cases, the sixth week of recovery is when more strenuous activities can typically be resumed. Scars will continue to fade over the next year, becoming less and less noticeable with each day. It can take a full year for incision scars to fade entirely – longer if you smoke or spend a lot of time unprotected in the sun. However, when proper care is taken, incisions should be largely unnoticeable after just a few months.*
Can a Facelift Be Combined with Other Facial Procedures?
If you meet all of the qualifications, Dr. Peña may recommend combining other surgical and non-surgical procedures to enhance the quality of the results. By combining procedures, you can take advantage of savings in anesthesia and surgical fees. Also, one recovery period is easier on the body and means less down time for you.* Our facelift patients tend to choose other surgical procedures that pair well with the facelift to achieve their goals.
Some of the most popular combinations include:
- Facelift with blepharoplasty – this option allows for a tightening of the neck and lower face, along with the removal of bags, dark circles, and wrinkles around the eyes. It also allows for a more alert appearance brought about by a lifting of sagging eyelid tissue.
- Brow lift and facelift – with this option, both the forehead and the lower face are lifted and tightened to produce a firmer and more attractive look.
- Eyelid lift and brow lift – this option can be used to rejuvenate the entire upper face by lifting sagging eyebrows, smoothing forehead wrinkles, and removing signs of age and exhaustion from below the eyes.
In some instances, Dr. Peña and his professional staff may recommend combining non-surgical treatments with a facelift for enhanced results. Non-surgical solutions such as dermal fillers can be used to soften and fill sunken and wrinkled areas of the face, making them ideal for enhancement of results produced by facelift, brow lift, and eyelid surgery. After the healing process, BOTOX® Cosmetic, facial fillers, and/or laser skin resurfacing may be done.
What Results Can You Expect From a Facelift and How Long Do They Last
How Long Does a Facelift Last?
An expertly performed facelift results in a natural-looking fresh and renewed facial appearance. Facelift results are lasting, although the future effects of aging cannot be prevented. Remember that great skin care, a healthy diet, and sun protection are important factors in keeping your face looking its most beautiful.
It is also important that you understand that a facelift, while capable of producing remarkable results, does have its limitations. Dr. Peña will discuss your expectations during your facelift surgery consultation to ensure you understand what can realistically be expected from this procedure. During the consultation process Dr Peña will ask to see old photographs to analyze the aging process and how to best accomplish the reversal process.
Schedule your consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Manuel Peña today. We look forward to welcoming you to Peña Plastic Surgery in Naples, FL where our team is excited to help you look and feel your best.
*Individual results may vary. Consult with Dr. Peña to see if you are a candidate.