Naples Cosmetic Surgeon, Dr. Peña offers a dramatic body contouring enhancement with the body lift procedure, a surgery with multiple techniques to improve the overall proportions in the lower half of the body. In this procedure, the buttocks, abdomen and thighs are reshaped based on your individual needs. Also referred to as a lower body lift or lipectomy, the body lift is a great example of how combining plastic surgery techniques can lead to dramatic results, improved efficiency, and reduced surgical costs for our patients.
Performed to reduce excess skin and fat from the torso and upper thighs, the body lift can have dramatic results. This procedure is popular for men and women who have seen little progress with diet and exercise, who have a large amount of loose skin due to weight loss or aging, or who are not happy with the body changes spurred by pregnancy and childbirth.
Body Lift Procedure
- You are given intravenous anesthesia to numb the body before surgery. Dr. Peña makes incisions in areas where it is easy to conceal any scarring.
- Dr. Peña uses excision and fat removal techniques to remove excess skin and fat from the abdomen (tummy tuck) and reshape the area for a more attractive contour.
- The same smoothing and toning techniques are used on the thigh and buttock areas.
- Using Quill sutures, an innovative, longer-lasting, absorbable type of suture, Dr. Peña closes the incision sites and bandages the lower body area.
- The full recovery period typically lasts four to six weeks.
Body lift is often a popular choice for patients who have undergone bariatric weight loss surgery and need to tighten and firm the lower body for a more refined, contoured look. This procedure is also frequently combined with other body contouring surgeries, such as the liposuction, a breast lift, or arm lift. The “upper body lift” includes a breast lift, lateral chest lift, and arm lift.
Learn more about Body Lift after Weight Loss Surgery here.
If you are in the Naples, Fort Myers, Bonita Springs, or Estero, Florida area, and are interested in the body lift, Dr. Manuel Peña can help you get the shape you have always wanted. Please contact cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Manuel Peña, MD at our Florida office today to set up an initial body sculpting consultation.